Alaina Reed Hall, a singer and actress who played Olivia Robinson on “Sesame Street” for a dozen years beginning in the mid-1970s and later played Rose Holloway on the situation comedy “227,” has died. She was 63.
Reed Hall, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007, died Thursday at Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica,said her husband, Tamim Amini.
One of the original cast members of the 1974 off-Broadway production of “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band on the Road,” Reed Hall joined “Sesame Street” in 1976 and played Olivia — a professional photographer and sister to the character Gordon — until 1988.
When she heard her name called out by fans while riding in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, she said, “It dawned on me. I have a big responsibility. I was in their house every day.”
On “227,” the 1985-90 NBC sitcom, she played the apartment landlady and best friend to star Marla Gibbs’ Mary Jenkins character.
In the show’s final season, Reed Hall’s character falls in love with Warren Merriwether, played by Kevin Peter Hall, and the two characters wed. In real life, the two actors were already married. [ //www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-me-alaina-reed-hall22-2009dec22,0,5733815.story">read more]
- Dr. Stuart H. Garber, Founder of Dr. Garber's Natural Solutions,...
- Gay Men Targeted in West Hollywood Beatings
- Motion Media Announces Foundry Summer Sale
- Constitutional Lawyer Mounts Challenge to Henry Waxman
- Gay Travel: West Hollywood for the Weekend
- Bridges to Recovery Reaches Ten-Year Milestone as Premiere, Licensed...
- This Thing Called Addiction
- Dr. Garber's Natural Solutions®, Condition Specific Remedies...
- Silicon Beach Fest Gathers Investors, VC's, Incubators, Startups,...
- New Company, DOG for DOG™, Offers Products With a Purpose