//wonkette.com/450987/fox-news-refusing-to-let-gay-candidate-debate-gop-presidential-debate”>There is some other GOP presidential candidate we never actually even heard of named //fredkarger.com/”>Fred Karger, but he is according to //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2012″>some poll tied with Tim Pawlenty, which feels about right. Karger is also one of the vanishingly rare openly gay Republicans people hear about on quiet days when the wind is still, which means Fox News will //caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/05/gay-republican-presidential-candidate-i-qualify-for-ames-debate-fox-news-says-no/”>not be allowing him to participate in their upcoming Iowa presidential debate. WHY EVER NOT?? Here, let us make a simile: showing a gay on Fox News who might “do something gay” like pull some kind of gay guerrilla move like blowing a kiss to Rick Santorum or mention gays don’t deserve the death penalty or WORSE YET MENTION THAT GAY MARRIAGE IS IRRELEVANT TO THE ECONOMY, on screen, live, is equal to the kind of terror Fox News debate producers feel when they imagine an out-of-left-field Michele Bachmann – Herman Cain french kiss.
Karger sent a //fredkarger.com/posts/update-august-5-2011″>letter to Fox News explaining that he met all the requirements to enter the debate, which are basically to earn at least 1% in five national polls. He’s also tied with Pawlenty and Jon Huntsman.
Fox News responded: hahahahaha polls are fake anyway. NO.
From the //caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/05/gay-republican-presidential-candidate-i-qualify-for-ames-debate-fox-news-says-no/”>Des Moines Register:
[Fox News VP Michael] Clemente said each of the polls cited by Karger are either online, interactive or out of date and do not qualify for the purpose of meeting the debate criteria.
The latest national poll Karger highlighted was conducted by Harris Interactive, earlier this week showing Karger has 2 percent of the support, tied with former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman.
Karger has been shunned by some mainstream Republicans, particularly religious conservatives who disagree that same-sex couples should have the same marriage rights as opposite sex couples.
Karger has filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission earlier this year, for example, after Republican National Committee member Steve Scheffler of West Des Moines wrote in an e-mail to Karger that “I will work overtime to help ensure that your political aspirations are aborted right here in Iowa.”
WOAH. So apparently Republicans do turn out to be secretly pro-abortion when there’s a gay running around on the loose. [ //caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/05/gay-republican-presidential-candidate-i-qualify-for-ames-debate-fox-news-says-no/">Des Moines Register/ //fredkarger.com/posts/update-august-5-2011">Fred Karger For President]
- //wonkette.com/tag/2012″ rel=”tag”>2012,
- //wonkette.com/tag/fox-news” rel=”tag”>fox news,
- //wonkette.com/tag/fox-news-debate” rel=”tag”>fox news debate,
- //wonkette.com/tag/fred-karger” rel=”tag”>fred karger,
- //wonkette.com/tag/gay-republicans” rel=”tag”>gay republicans,
- //wonkette.com/tag/gay-rights” rel=”tag”>gay rights,
- //wonkette.com/tag/gop” rel=”tag”>GOP,
- //wonkette.com/tag/herman-cain” rel=”tag”>Herman Cain,
- //wonkette.com/tag/iowa” rel=”tag”>iowa,
- //wonkette.com/tag/michele-bachmann” rel=”tag”>michele bachmann,
- //wonkette.com/tag/pt-gay-old-party” rel=”tag”>gay old party,
- //wonkette.com/tag/rick-santorum” rel=”tag”>rick santorum,
- //wonkette.com/tag/tim-who” rel=”tag”>tim who?
- AIDS forum discuss funding after breakthrough trials
- What to expect from the anti-gay marriage brigade | Jane Carnall
- Gay marriage cheers local retail
- QueerKat Reports: The Stars Reactions to the Prop 8 Ruling!
- Nigeria anti-gay marriage bill risks AIDS funding
- A Couple-Based Relationship Strengthening HIV Intervention for Young Parents
- Our Pleasure Box Offers a New Blog Which Provides Product Reviews,...
- Rights Collide as Town Clerk Sidesteps Role in Gay Marriages
- North Carolina Gay Marriage Ban Protested By Gay Ministers
- Gay couples, allies set eyes on ultimate prize: Marriage