Of all a promote networks, Fox is a many thorough of happy and lesbian characters on a primary time shows, and CBS is a slightest inclusive, according to //www.glaad.org/news/glaad-releases-where-we-are-tv-report”>a investigate expelled on Wednesday by a Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, or //www.glaad.org/”>GLAAD.
That advocacy organisation pronounced a annual investigate had found a decrease in a sum array of happy and lesbian characters on network radio this deteriorate contra a 2010-2011 radio season, though a comparatively solid array of such characters on cable. HBO, with a vampire array “True Blood,” among other shows, and Showtime, with shows like “Shameless” and others, stood out among a wire channels for a array of happy and lesbian characters, GLAAD said.
The annual investigate is designed to inspire some-more different representations of gay, lesbian and transgender characters. For 6 years a organisation identified ABC as a many thorough of a broadcaster networks, though this deteriorate GLAAD found that Fox had some-more happy and lesbian characters than ABC — 8 out of 117 unchanging characters on Fox’s array this deteriorate are happy or lesbian. According to a study, a array of such characters declined on ABC, NBC and a CW this season.
The investigate remarkable that on scripted network radio this season, that are no black characters who are happy or lesbian, nor are there any characters that are identified as transgender.
- PHOTO CALL: Dustin Lance Black's 8 Receives Star-Studded Broadway Reading
- Marriage focus for gay reform activists
- Changing the Face of Christianity Inc. Now Reports that as Many as 1...
- Citi Trends Announces New Sweepstakes: A Chance to Meet Trey Songz and...
- Photographer Mayer Freed Featured at AmericanFrame.com
- An AIDS-free Generation
- ADAP Advocacy Association Prepares to Host 2011 Emergency ADAP Summit
- HIV trial canned because gel ineffective
- Census: More than 131,000 gay couples say they're married
- The gay world of birds