New York, NY – Housing Works announced today the details of its highly anticipated
sixth annual //www.housingworks.org/events/fashion-for-action/”>Fashion for Action fall fundraiser.
Co-chaired by Derek Lam and sponsored by Essence Magazine, Fashion for Action is a four-day charitable fashion event, silent auction and sample sale that raises funds for homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS.
Fashion for Action kicks off at 6pm on November 19, 2009 with an opening-night preview shopping event at the Rubin Museum of Art and continues with a sample sale on November 20 – 22 at the Housing Works Thrift Shop in Chelsea. All proceeds will benefit Housing Works’ network of health centers – located throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn – that offer HIV specialty care to homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income men and women living with HIV and AIDS.
Over 150 top designers have donated $1 million worth of merchandise that will be sold at 50 to 70 percent off retail prices. New participating designers and brands include Acne, Band of Outsiders, Bottega Veneta, Lanvin, Karl Lagerfeld. Returning supporters include Bloomingdale’s, Diesel, DKNY Jeans and Polo Ralph Lauren.
Housing Works is proud to have Derek Lam co-chair this year’s benefit. “I am honored to be a part of this year’s Fashion for Action benefit”, Lam said. “Housing Works is a remarkable organization that is dedicated to helping homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS. I encourage everyone to join me in raising money for this important cause.”
Guests will enjoy hors d’oeuvres and cocktails from //theworkscatering.com”>The Works Catering, sample sale shopping and a silent auction.
What Fashion for Action, Opening Night Benefit
When Thursday, November 19, 2009, 7pm – 10pm
6pm – 7pm VIP preview shopping event
Where Event: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th Street
Shopping: Chelsea Thrift Shop, 143 West 17th Street
Details Tickets starting at $100.Tickets available at //www.fashionforaction.com”>www.fashionforaction.com
What Fashion for Action, Public Sample Sale
When Friday, November 20, 2009 – Sunday, November 22, 2009
Where Chelsea Thrift Shop, 143 West 17th Street
Details Free. Complete details at //www.fashionforaction.com”>www.fashionforaction.com
About Housing Works: Housing Works is the nation’s largest grassroots AIDS service organization. Since 1990, Housing Works has provided life-saving services such as housing, food, medical, HIV prevention and job training to more than 20,000 homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDS. Our chain of nine Housing Works Thrift Shops, the Housing Works Bookstore Café and other businesses provide funding to support this work.
For more visit //www.housingworks.org”>www.housingworks.org
- 30 Years of AIDS: Phill Wilson, Executive Director, Black AIDS Institute
- A once-daily pill for HIV-negative people can prevent HIV
- Effect of HAART Vs. Statin Treatment on Endothelial Function and Inflammation/Coagulation
- Conservative group slams Ros-Lehtinen on gay marriage
- Exposure To Anti-HIV Drugs During Pregnancy And Breast-Feeding Revealed By Hair Samples From Infants
- PCI Partners with MedAwareness to Fight HIV/AIDS in Malawi
- Combination Chemotherapy Followed by Rituximab and Yttrium Y 90 Ibritumomab Tiuxetan in Treating Patients With Relapsed or Refractory AIDS-Related Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Changing the Landscape of HIV Prevention: What a Difference a Year Makes
- Evaluating the Safety of and Immune Response to an HIV Vaccine Followed by Booster, Administered by Two Devices, in HIV-Uninfected Adults