MARCH is an international, multicentre trial planning to enroll 560 HIV-1 infected patients who are currently on 2N(t)RTI + PI/r regimen and virologically suppressed. Participants will be randomized (1:2:2) to one of three treatment groups: to continue their current treatment regimen, maraviroc dose at 150 mg twice daily with PI/r, or maraviroc at 300 mg twice daily with 2N(t)RTI. As the participants population have HIV RNA 200 copies/mL, the phenotypic assessment of tropism cannot be used to determine tropism, instead we will employ the genotypic assessment of tropism by sequencing the V3 loop of the HIV envelope. The main aim of this study is to investigate whether switching to maraviroc, in combination with either RTI or PI/r, is as good at keeping the HIV viral load undetectable as the combination of RTI with PI/r. The other aim is to see if switching to these combinations with maraviroc will improve some of the side effects that can be seen when people take combination therapy including RTI and PI/r.
The study hypothesis is that in stable, virologically suppressed (plasma HIV-RNA 200 copies/mL) patients with no history of prior virological failure, a switch to either MVC dosed at 300mg twice daily (bid) combined with the same 2N(t)RTI backbone regimen or MVC dosed at 150mg twice daily (bid) with the current PI/r (or 300mg bid at the discretion of the investigator if the PI/r is fosamprenavir/r) provides similar (non-inferior) antiretroviral efficacy compared to continuation of the current 2N(t)RTI + PI/r regimen.
- MyNetworkOne, LLC Looking to Expand into New Markets throughout North...
- Atazanavir/Ritonavir and Zinc Pharmacokinetic Study
- The Nice Guy Vs. The Pushover
- HIV Vaccine Has 90 Percent Efficiency
- Safety Sudy of Atazanavir Capsules in the Treatment of HIV in Patients Ages 6
- MyNetworkOne, LLC Looking to Expand into New Markets in Texas and...
- A New Plan To Mutate HIV Out Of Existence
- Gay Travel: Bedford, Pennsylvania A Charming Getaway
- “Bunkin” ~ Fonzworth Bentley ft. Backbone & Slimm Calhoun [Audio + Sneak Peek Video]
- AGT Discloses Roadmap at InfoComm, Reveals Email Dialing and Consumer...