Originally Published:Monday, September 26th 2011, 12:07 PM
Updated: Monday, September 26th 2011, 12:07 PM
Do you think Patty Stanger’s comments were offensive?
Here’s a good match for //www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2011/01/06/2011-01-06_millionaire_matchmaker_patti_stanger_blames_selfish_guys_for_new_yorks_terrible_.html”>”Millionaire Matchmaker” Patti Stanger: Foot and mouth.
The Bravo reality show dating guru alienated viewers by slammed the dating values of gays, Jews and even smart women who haven’t found a mate.
On the network’s “Watch What Happens Live“, the reality show star raised eyebrows after telling a gay man not to worry about being in a long-distance relationship.
“In the gay world, there’s always going to be open [relationships],” she said. “There’s no curbing the gay man. You’re going to be OK.”
Andy Cohen, show host and Bravo’s openly gay executive vice president of original programming and development then asked, “So wait, gays can have open relationships?”
Stanger further dug herself into a hole by retorting, “I have tried to curb ‘you people’”.
Then, when a not-happy Cohen argued “I am a gay and am down for monogamy,” Stanger snapped, “When’s the last time you had a boyfriend?”
On Monday, Stanger refused to back off the claims. On Twitter she tweeted her support for the gay community but stood by her comments that gay men are less likely to be in a relationship.
“Attn male Gays: I support you my comment on WWHL was to LA guys who can’t find commitment …” she tweeted. “It’s true LA gays toughest nuts to crack to monogamy.”
Stanger also proclaimed on the Bravo after-show that “Jewish men lie.”
The turn was surprising for the reality show star, who has often proclaimed her respect for the gay community and rallied on behalf of gay marriage by appearing in a NOH8 campaign ad.
But gay people weren’t the only ones she was going after this week.
In an appearance on New York Live, she slammed single Manhattan women for daring to be too intelligent.
She advised them to quit talking about their high test scores – or even using big words if they wanted a ring.
“They don’t like them before they are married,” she said, referring to how men feel about smart women. “You’ve got to dumb it down a little because men are not that bright.”
On last week’s episode Stanger slammed //www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2011/09/18/2011-09-18_worlds_biggest_sperm_bank_cryos_tells_redheads_we_dont_need_your_semen_.html”>redheads, after an unruly client didn’t follow her directions to find true love.
“She’s got red hair,” she said. “She shouldn’t be talking, let alone getting a date.”
Stanger could use some smarter dating advice — for herself.
Last year, the 49 year-old //articles.nydailynews.com/2010-08-14/gossip/27072686_1_fiance-cupid-kids”>reality star and her fiance split after six years together.
- Safety and Pharmacokinetics of Raltegravir in HIV-1-Exposed Newborn Infants at High Risk of Acquiring HIV-1 Infection
- Non 12-Step Rehab Pioneer Dr. A.R. Mohammad Addresses Need For...
- A Phase 3, Open-label Study to Investigate the Efficacy and Safety of Sofosbuvir Plus Ribavirin in Chronic Genotype 1, 2, 3 and 4 Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Co-infected Subjects
- Silicon Valley Entrepreneur Targets Under-Served Market for Women’s...
- Forbidden Playground - The World's #1 Adult Store
- Intravenous Chemotherapy or Oral Chemotherapy in Treating Patients With Previously Untreated Stage III-IV HIV-Associated Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- An Open Label Demonstration Project and Phase II Safety Study of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Pharmacokinetic (PK) Profiles of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF) 300 mg in Healthy Chinese Subjects
- Risk factors for HIV vary between African cities, need tailored responses
- Interleukin-12 Plus Interleukin-2 in Treating Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors