- //www.addthis.com/bookmark.php” class=”addthis_button_email at300b” target=”_blank” title=”Email a friend”>
The investment in technical schools and a joining to girls’ preparation attests to Salesian Missions’ loyalty to giving wish to a reduction privileged.
New Rochelle, NY Jun 15, 2012
Salesian Missions staff members recently returned from a revisit Kenya, where they toured Salesian-run lady preparation programs and assisted with a ask for financial support for a Girls’ Education Challenge Project—a module saved by a Department for International Development in a United Kingdom. The visiting staff members, Denis Akankunda, international growth associate of open health, and John Rio, grants accountant, are with a Salesian Missions Office for International Programs located during a nonprofit organization’s New Rochelle headquarters.
In Kenya, Akankunda and Rio visited a Don Bosco Youth Educational Services and a Don Bosco Boys Town in Karen—located in a hinterland of Nairobi. On their debate of Don Bosco Youth Education Services, Akankunda was many tender by a school’s media core that enclosed imitation and video prolongation units that are used to foster youth-friendly programs that learn life skills.
At Don Bosco Boys Town, a dual visited vocational training programs that learn tailoring, automobile engineering and mechanics, carpentry, electrical work and steel soldering. The tuition cost is rarely subsidized, creation a training affordable to a mostly low-income tyro population in Kenya.
This technical school attracts lady that do not do good on inhabitant college opening exams and provides them an choice event to acquire commercial skills. Upon graduation, students turn entrepreneurs and pierce on to settle their possess businesses in Nairobi. While Don Bosco Boys Town essentially educates boys, girls also attend and have entrance to a same programs.
“Most considerable was a immature womanlike tyro training steel soldering alongside 30 masculine students,” Akankunda says, “I was full of indebtedness for this dauntless immature Kenyan girl.”
If funded, a Girls’ Education Challenge Project would concede Salesian Missions to serve foster preparation for girls in Kenya. With fewer girls represented in a preparation complement compared to their masculine peers, a plan would aim girls ages 6 to 19 years aged and support enrollment, active participation, performance, influence and execution within Kenyan primary schools.
“Salesian preparation is training exposed children life and technical skills, enabling them to make a vital as adults,” Akankunda says. “The investment in technical schools and a joining to girls’ preparation attests to Salesian Missions’ loyalty to giving wish to a reduction privileged.”
Salesian Missions is a U.S. growth arm of a international Salesians of Don Bosco—specializing in programs and services for at-risk lady in some-more than 130 countries. The Salesians are widely deliberate a world’s largest private provider of vocational and technical education.
For some-more information, go to //www.SalesianMissions.org”>http://www.SalesianMissions.org.
Article source: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9608500.htm
- Former Adult Entertainer Holds Nothing Back in Tell-All Memoir by Bruce Headrick; Released by Dog Ear Publishing
- Out-Fit Challenge to Host NYC Mud Run on June 29th, 2013 to Creatively Connect Community
- Remembrances of My Father
- The Famous XLSior International Gay Dance Festival Will Take Place on Mykonos Island from August 24th Till Sunday August 28th. 2011
- NTID Offers Educational Summer Camps for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing...
- Gay Travel: Sex in Sitges, A Practical Guide
- Mitt Romney Says He Doesn't Remember Doing it: New Yorkers Respond
- Gay Rights Nod To Blame For Jerry Sandusky Abuse Scandal, Joseph Farah Claims
- 1in6, Inc. Issues Statement on the Jerry Sandusky Trial Verdict
- Gay Travel: West Hollywood for the Weekend